Friday, April 07, 2006

Maturity...

Last night after I came from church (after having had to miss Sunday as well as Monday due to the wreck that I had on the 31st) I had the most amazing breakthrough with G-d. You see my insurance company was really beginning to get on my nerves because they were giving me the run around. I mean the adjuster had actually told me yesterday that SHE thought it was my fault and then asked me to draw a diagram of the area and fax it to her. I really didn't get too worked up because I knew that it was a test and I knew how I responded first with my words would establish the outcome. Response as we have been taught, is the first faith word. I declared that this was going to end in my favor. I just had to wait them out even if they acted as if this thing, that was barely a fender bender, was going to go to court.

Nevertheless, when I came home with the tapes from Sunday and Monday, I immediately begin to meditate on the word that had been spoken.It was so powerful as the prophet begin to preach about "trust" that I couldn't even sleep. I ended up listening to it twice and finally at 1:30am I just got out of bed and went to my prayer closet. Last year the prophet taught us that whenever you can not sleep, it's G-d calling you to a watch(see Habakkuk 2:1, Matthew 26:38, Mark 13:33,37-for a few examples) and so you need to get into the word of G-d to see what He is trying to tell you. Most often this is mistaken for insomnia and we waste our time watching movies or TV.

I came to understand that often when we go through it's because of what we are going to. The hold up on manifestation of things in our lives has everything to do maturity. G-d waiting on us to mature in our situations before he can give us stuff. I ended up reading a version of the bible I downloaded with my E-sword.net Bible. This version is called the scriptures--long story short I begin to read Genesis and as I was reading I realized that though the seed for vegetation was put into the earth in Genesis 1:29--there was no vegetation as yet since there hadn't been any rain--Genesis 2:5--more to the point G-d had yet allow the vegetation to grow because there was no man to till the ground. There is a principle in that--in verse 6 the midst went up from the earth and in verse 7 G-d created the man. Verse 8 says that after the man was prepared then God made Eden and placed him there. Eden is that place that "good" for the man--there was nothing missing, nothing lacking, nothing broken. In verse 19 G-d gives Adam some work to do--his ministry--he was tested in his stewardship and his faithfulness. You see even in that season in the life of Adam when he was alone with God learning to talk to him and fellowship--building the relationship that G-d desired--he was still missing something.

But he had to faithful to that which G-d had already given him to do until he could see the manifestation of what he was believing G-d for. You see G-d never gives us something that we didn't ask for. Satan gives us things too. Usually we are unaware of these things--but it's always clear--the word say that every good and perfect gift is from G-d--if it's not good and it's not perfect, but it adds sorrow--it's not from G-d.

Though the initial conversations of G-d and Adam are not recorded--somewhere along the line he asked G-d for Eve. So when G-d finally put him to sleep and pulled Eve out of him--he did so because Adam was ready for her. The principle is this, when we are ready for something we've asked for, it will be prepared and ready for us. When we are standing on the word of G-d for it's not that G-d has told us no or even that he's forgotten it when it seems to be taking longer than we feel it should have. G-d is simply waiting on us to mature. We can have it--but God wants to know that after we get it we will continue to be faithful to him and not replace him with what he has given us. The lesson of the garden is that Adam had replaced his relationship with G-d, with Eve. He listened to her instead of what G-d had told him before she even showed up. When we do that, failure is sure to occur. Some of the things I am waiting on, will still have to wait until some people depart form my life, some habits are overcome, and my faithfulness in that which he has already given me to do is proven. All that being said, I can wait. I don't want anything before it's time to have it.

After staying up all night in prayer and not returning to bed until this morning at almost 6 am, I fasted and watched with a purpose and got a great breakthrough when I answered the phone this morning. My check from the insurance company was in the mail, I was declared not at fault and all is still well. I have a car for the weekend until my car is ready on Monday and I feel at peace.
Be Blessed...Chosen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home