Monday, March 19, 2007

Clarity
...If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. Mark 9:23
Funny how a scripture can be so simple and you can still really miss what it's saying.
Yeah…I know. I have been one for a very long time. All I can say is BUSY. At the beginning of the year I had hoped for more time to commit to writing here, but it simply never happened. Every time I thought about writing here, I would begin a post only to get wrapped into something else. Needless to say I have a ton of unfinished posts that I have decided to simply delete from my hard drive.

This year was all about change for me. I have been declaring the “Best Year Ever” for a number of years now but always falling short of the goal. This year is one that I simply refuse to let go by without achieving the things that I have set for myself. It’s so weird when you began to evaluate who you are the things that you discover. I discovered that I needed a total metamorphosis in my mind! I was so unaware of the layers of junk and erroneous thinking that had become a part of who I was. I realized that so much of it came either from childhood or the negative experiences that I had encountered as I grew into adulthood that I have allowed to shape my view. All wrong! I have to tell you that my thinking sucked! I always tried to stay positive but I really still always felt that I wasn’t in control of the circumstances that came my way. Through quite a bit of word time I discovered how erroneous that really was. Part of understanding dominion is understanding that G-d wants us to operate as if we are the determining factor in any situation that we face. I understood that only enough to fail at it for a really long time. I would always say that I was trusting G-d but I would never spend time thinking of how I wanted things to turn out. Whenever things would turn out my way I would be astonished. G-d has been incredibly good to me because I was so immature in this area. If I reaaly beleived like I said I did, things would've always turned out exactly like I said and how I thought.

As a parent this is one of the lessons that I am really going to strive to teach my children. They have to have an understanding of spiritual law. What you think all the time will come to pass. Without realizing it, it’s a form of meditation. Imagination is a really powerful thing. I want my children to live by what I reach them and the example that I set before them.

Needless to say, my book shelf has increased with some of the best books on the subject. Norman Vincent Peale’s “The Power of Positive Thinking” is my favorite. I love how he mixes the word with psychology. It’s made a tremendous difference in my life. I’ve also had to reevaluate my company too. So much of our issues stem from those around us as well. This is why some of these ineffective relationships must die this year! One thing that positive thinking does is bring clarity to your life. I know what I want, how I want it and I am never more determined now to see it in my life than ever before.

Besides working on my goals this year—finally publishing a book, achieving financial independence, getting fit…I finally understand timing. My Spiritual Father always says “when you are ready for it, it will be ready or you.” I get that now. So much of that has to do with internal changes and maturity to handle another level in life. So, I’m just taking my time—getting stronger and getting ready to be able to handle all of the things I believed I was ready for only know I know that I’m just beginning to get there now.

Well, as always Be Blessed.
Chosen.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO glad I stopped by! Great post! You hit the nail on the head. So glad to see you're doing well too. I so feel you on the timing thing. I'm right there with you. My personal theme for this year is "Alignment," that is lining up my mentality, physicality, and spirituality, being able to receive what I want and thought I was ready for so long ago. I think (hope) I'm going in the right direction...you seem to be also. Go head preachin momma! :) God bless you...

T

7:46 AM  
Blogger Chosen said...

I love that theme. That's exactly it. My mind needs to changed and prepared for the things i'm waiting on.

I thought I had enough knowledge and understanding to be able to maintain those things but I understand now that I needed to make some big adjustments.If you think you're on the right track you probaly are. If i'm headed in the wrong direction I know he'll turn me around and get me back on track. He's faithful that way.
You be blessed ass well.
By the way--when are you going to get a blog?

11:25 PM  
Blogger Carmell said...

see! you are so right. i had completely not had God in it. i'm so glad you are back. i have realized that a ot mess has been going on in my life because the lack of God in it.
i never understood believe and ye shall recieve... i'd pray and forget about it then think something was wrong when i didn't get it or be surprised when i did.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home