Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Just a note…

If you read Sundays post, at the end I recommended a book that I recently read. (I have deleted that paragraph from the post) What I failed to mention is that I would not recommend it for everyone. The reason why I say that is because depending on where you are spiritually you will either reject what is written in there as error due to lack of understanding or you will get caught up and go in a whole other direction and that is not my intent at all. So I apologize for even mentioning it.

So, again while I recommended the book as a good read, you need to honestly judge where you are spiritually before considering reading it. If you don’t yet understand that there is a natural view of scripture as well as a spiritual which is usually symbolic—stay away from it. I had a similar thing occur to me some years ago when I was first saved and was all off in my thinking and got lost for a minute.

Can you believe I sat in a church that taught that women were missionaries and not preachers or prophets? Well I did, for quite some time. I got caught up in how beautiful the service was with the orchestra, and how wonderfully the choir sang and even the eloquence of the speaker. G-d never sent me over there, it was a big church and it was the popular thing to say that I attend so-and-so. Needless to say, I didn’t stay long because G-d has a way of moving us when we fail to allow him to teach us and not go by what man has passed down in his tradition. Either the man simply couldn’t validate women preachers from the word or he didn’t want to. Too many people can’t so to me it’s not a serious offense to have others think that I too am deceived somehow. It tells me that they like the Pharisees knew the word, but not the one who gave the word. G-d will teach us many things if we are meek and able to set aside what we have previously been taught by man to seek him to teach us first. Taking classes on the bible do us no good if we believe what man teaches and fail to get an understanding for ourselves.

But that’s for another day….

I hope this cleared up any issues that the book recommendation may or may not have caused.

For further questions feel free to email me.

Be Blessed!
Chosen.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger DJ Diva said...

being w/ the Hebrews...I feel sorry for the women still there believing that....COGIC is silently the same way....I look forward to attending this new non denominational place in MS

8:40 PM  
Blogger Chosen said...

You know you would think that here in Colorado people would seem to be more enlightened, but um...they often look at me weird when I say I am called to preach. It baffles me.

Listen if you have time check out DDR or Deeper Revelation. That is my home church. It's located at

3063 Airways Blvd # 21
Memphis, TN 38131
(901) 395-8300

I would have given you the info early but I figured you'd eventually find it or you'd ask if you were interested. Skip all that. Service is Sun at 8 am, Mon night at 7pm or Thursday at 7pm.
I doubt that you will be disappointed. I hope to make my way back there soon myself!

Be Blessed.

9:23 PM  
Blogger DJ Diva said...

I was actually gonna ask when I saw you start posting again regularly...didn't want to bother you...but you see how the Lord works?????

I will def check it out! Thanks Chosen!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

"Being filled with God's purpose does not equal popularity."

I said it, but it was a gift out of lessons learned.

Oh and keep in mind that God does not call the qualified. He qualifies the called.

Pearls of Wisdom
http://avoicetobeheard.blogspot.com/

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home