Saturday, April 07, 2007

Be Blessed!
I love the season of Passover and Resurrection. It’s the most beautiful time of the year to me. It reminds me that not only can G-d allow some things to pass over my life, but those things that need revival, he can certainly resurrect them as well. Now, I was having a conversation with one of my Sisters-In-Law yesterday and she reminded me of some error that needs to be eradicated from the church, especially during this time of the year. I asked her how one of her friends was doing and she said she hadn’t spoken to her since she had called her and given her a word she had received in church. I asked her what she said, and she mentioned that she had heard that we can not be blessed when we are out of the will of G-d. Hmmm…

Sounds like something I would have said a year ago. (I tell her all the time she reminds me so much of myself) So imagine her reaction when I told her that was a lie. Yeah, you heard me. That is a lie. The scripture says that G-d rains on the just and the unjust—I’m paraphrasing but the scripture is Matthew 5:45. For some reason, Christians want to believe that we are in some kind of exclusive club and only we should be or can be blessed. If that were the case, which ones of us could actually qualify? I know I certainly couldn’t. Not only that but when we see someone in a noticeable, more public sin like shacking or drinking we automatically decide that they will be judged and G-d is going get them somehow. It’s almost like we are looking forward to their downfall. Where does that come from cause’ it’s certainly not G-d. If it were, which one of us would still remain? There is a lack of understanding of GRACE in the church.

Do we fail to remember that G-d brought us all out of something? Your something may not have been what I was in but it still should have disqualified me from being saved and even more so from being used by Him. When I reminded her that some of those same people Christians want to turn their nose up to are living a far better existence than those of us who claim to be holy. I know that some of us don’t like to hear that, but it’s true nevertheless. I can’t tell you how I fell into that mindset at one time. Maybe because I was tired of being mocked when I was going through and I knew that I was walking the best way before G-d that I knew how while others seemed to be getting ahead minus all I was having to do. Maybe something in me wanted to believe that I had an edge over those who did not walk the way I was walking. Maybe I just feared that it was somehow unfair and that maybe He would somehow leave me out. It’s not that I didn’t want others to be blessed; I just didn’t want to be left out.

But, one day I was reminded of Luke 6:37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven…I have learned to mind my own business. It’s hard enough for me to keep watch over my own life let alone be worried about someone else’s. G-d sends the Holy Ghost to deal with me and anyone else who is working through things that he desires to work out of us. And he assigns to us all a Pastor to teach us the way to walk. (Jeremiah 3:15) But even that is all in His time. What the rest of us need to do is continue to pray for one another understanding that G-d still loves us regardless of what state we are in. We need to also remember that we will all be working on something all of our lives and our walk. Still He loves us. So much that he was willing to put Himself on the cross for our deliverance knowing what was in us and that even then some of us would still ignore His gift.

In this season I am reminded that He covers me no matter what state I am. He’s not finished with any of us yet. This is a time of unselfish prayer for one another and a time to edify one another. To pray that we are all blessed because it’s not up to us anyhow. And there is certainly enough to go around! Learning to love like G-d is to learn to love one another despite our short comings and even in the midst of disagreement. Always remember, whatever you are hoping for someone else will surely happen to you as well. Good or bad. Might as well hope the best so that you too can receive the best. That one thing is holding a lot of us from advancing. I know it was stunting my growth, but I thank G-d for his patience and His love towards me to illuminate my error. I am so glad that G-d is not like man. He looks past me now, and holds a vision of me later always working with me to press towards that mark. I didn't relay this story to bash my SIL--I love her. And believe me, that love has come along way. I told it because I was her just a few months back.(Some of y'all remember :) I admonished her to call and check on her friend or to simply pray that all will be well in her life.

On this day, I pray for you…
The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace
.
Be Blessed!
Chosen.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger LadyLee said...

Okay, i've been trying to leave a comment on the last few posts, and blogger has been EATING them, lol...

This was a good honest post, Chosen... I have come to the conclusion in the past year that I can do MUCH more for people by interceding in prayer for them rather than judging them. Afterall, I have most likely been through very similar circumstances and situations... and I am sure (and thankful) that someone out there was praying for me during my funky phases.

I think God understands our phases, and is still there for us... He has a path for us, and He understands our potential far more than we ever will... This season reminds me that that grace and mercy is renewed everyday, and is more than enough to hopefully see us through.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Chosen said...

I thank Him for the phases themselves. You learn far more about yourself and Him in the midst of those times.

And I too realize that I have more than likely done some of those same things they are living through. Her friend is shacking--I shacked prior to marriage. When I see that now, I just think I need to pray so that maybe their situation don't turn out like mine. Even in that, I understand that G-d is working on somethings and He knows what they will learn as a result of these phases and who they will become as well.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

Amen sister! Can I get a witness? When God bring us through each season, we learn and expand our tunnel vision (thinking). Help us Jesus!

I gave a word on that scripture on the rain falling on the just and unjust to a Christian woman at work wanting me to pray for her relative for an upcoming job. I never even read it from the Bible. GLORY!

Maturing in Christ

I often recall my initial enthusiasm when I became sold-out for Christ over eight years ago, but with maturity, I traded in my over zealous and often judgmental attitude for wisdom with heaps of understanding. I think it’s a fair exchange.

Anyway, being mature in the Lord we tend to take off our more-righteous-than-you badges and forge ahead with humility as God continues to break us into a vessel fit for the Master's use. And, during the process of going through the fire we see His reflection certainly, but we also gain a humble heart that at any moment without prejudice we could wash the feet of another.

It's been a refreshing visit.

Thanks for the opportunity to stop by and fellowship!

PS Can you tell I've been called to speak! ;)

Pearls of Wisdom
http://avoicetobeheard.blogspot.com/

2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came to the realization last week, that I need to mind my business and not other folks.

I bring the stuff I'm talking about someone else for, to myself. I certainly don't want to do that.

9:15 PM  
Blogger DJ Diva said...

Amen...I spoke about this last year in response to my godmother LOL

I totally agree with you Chosen...and as with body odor and we are the first persons to know we stink...likewise with sin...no one can convict you more than you own heart...so why should someone else add to the beating?

Bless you

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home