Monday, June 25, 2007

“Secret” Ignorance…

"Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little"...
Isaiah 28:10-11
I have to tell you with all the media buzz and media attention the “Secret” is really making the rounds. Though it is not new it is highly misunderstood. The whole concept is based on a biblical, spiritual law. Most Christians can’t tell where it’s found and because of that they associate it with the devil. Which is sad because contrary to popular belief, the enemy has no power and no weapon except deceit. And if you believe that the scriptures are true, it says that he has already been defeated. Most importantly he doesn’t give anything. His nature was uncovered by Jesus in John 10:10. He steals, kills and destroys. But I’m getting off here. I think the publication of the Secret is a fantastic thing. In the right hands, that book will be a powerful resource to anyone who is already grounded and rooted in a relationship with G-d and His word. A spiritual person, and by that I mean someone who has a real relationship with G-d everyday, not just Sunday, who picks their bible up on a daily basis, can see scripture all through the text of that book or others that are similar regardless of whether they are written in plain sight. However, most people who read it need a little more study because there are other spiritual laws at work. Anytime you can read a book like that you have to study the other laws to see where this law fits into place and if there are higher laws than that in affect. The biggest thing that I have noticed is people talking about that law of attraction and then in the same sentence they speak something contrary to having that law operating in their lives. Creation by words is a higher law than attraction. The word says in the beginning was the word and the word was G-d. We create by what we say, think, do and even feel. That’s the danger in a little information and not enough understanding. The word tells us that we are destroyed for the lack of knowledge (Hosea 4:6). It also tells us to study (2 Timothy 2:15).

What we speak ultimately comes from what we think (Matthew 12:34). To operate in that law we must first work to diligently to change the habitual thinking that we have had over the entire succession of our lives. Proverbs 4:23 tells us to keep our hearts (minds) with all diligence because out of it flow the issues of life. That means we really have to check ourselves with our thinking. Because what we think tends to flow out of our mouths and then ultimately show up in our lives.

I found out real quick after reading the Power of Positive Thinking” how much work needed to be done in that area. I read that book over and over so that I could work on my thought “life”. I STILL read parts of it to keep me fresh. The word warns that repletion provides safety (Philippians 3:1) But mainly, when it comes to any of those self-help books that come with affirmations and all that, they are lovely BUT if you have at any point confessed Jesus as your L-rd and savior, they will not work for you like they do others who haven't. Why? Because the Word of G-d is the highest form of truth. You need to get you a scripture to speak. Regular words don’t have the same power as G-d’s word because He and His word can’t be disconnected. Therefore you are speaking Him into the situation.

Our experiences are largely affected by our thought lives and they tend to come from environment and past experiences, good or bad. Whenever I’ve said that in previous conversations, people have looked at me as if I had just cussed them as it relates to something they are going through. Part of that is because of personal responsibility. We like to blame everything and anyone but ourselves for our lives and never fully claim that we happen to be at work against ourselves a lot of the time. It’s like speaking that you are healed but in the same sentence say that you are sick. No matter what you feel speak the same thing all the time. If it’s healing, you continue to speak that regardless of what else is going on. You can not say that you are rich and then say you are broke. It works against your previous confession.

I applaud change. Change is required to inherit His promises, so I am all about working to be better every day. And Self Help books are great. I use them myself in my daily life because Proverbs 1:20 says that Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets. I don’t limit where I can find the help I need. G-d uses many methods to teach us. However, it must line up with the word. And we have to study those things over and over to get the full benefits of it so that we don’t find that same wisdom working negatively in our lives because we don’t have enough understanding. The one thing I realize from reading a ton of self-help books is that most of them lack a true understanding of G-d as it relates to His nature and His set order. So they miss a few vital things here and there. I learned that the hard way years ago when I attempted to use one in my life. I had to mature in certain areas before I could pick another one up. And just listening to people I know that most people have yet to realize that yet. James said that a mature man would lack nothing (James 1:4) that's what I strive for--the peace of G-d. True peace-Shalom-Nothing missing, nothing lacking and nothing broken. Just wanted to share that.

As always, Be Blessed.
Chosen.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heart Drops said...

http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/2007-06-23-criticsofthesecret_N.htm?csp=34

8:36 AM  
Blogger editor said...

Your words are blessed and placed strategically by God.

I may not comment often but I'm here and I'm listening. THANK YOU!

Ms. Tee

11:45 PM  
Blogger sis2grl said...

I think most people are searching for answers to overcome lifes challenges. A lot of us want the easiest and fastest answer, we keep trying to buy answers, when the best one is free. LOL. Although my mom likes to say its free but costs everything.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Wrk N Progress said...

I love this blog. I am a new blogger and will be back here. I read the book The Secret, and personally feel that it boils down too "If you believe it--You can achieve it"

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home