Thursday, April 26, 2007

Expect G-d's best and get It!
In the midst of last week’s events, I have come to grips with some things in my life and to assess once again, were I am in the great scheme of things. I think one of the elements of maturity is learning to constantly check yourself so that whatever is not working can be either fixed or eliminated altogether. Some times that can be a very hard things as honesty with self forces us to make decisions we are not always prepared to make. I reached such a place this week.

Now, I mentioned here a week or so back that I was looking for a job and I had tons of offers. While quite a few of them were okay, I decided that I wanted on particular job and I began to confess that it was mine and I could literally see myself doing it. For me I could see the opportunity to be able to minister to people where I was, and that above all was important to me. They hired me Friday and I started Monday. Somewhere in the details, my job title and description was changed. It was definitely not what I wanted. I commenced to work that Monday and I decided that if it was not going to be what I wanted then I refused to settle. What I am looking for has to fit my life and that of my family. I let the director know and I went home after my shift. All the while I continued to believe that what I had been confessing would come to pass. I had this conversation going with G-d about if it wasn’t His, best then I would make room for His best to come along. By Tuesday, not only did I have the position that I wanted, I have already been promoted above that. My current position will be worked for 3 weeks in preparation for a staff director position that I will be filling after the 3 weeks. I have training all next week and then I will be going to the center that I was assigned to. I believed that G-d would not want me to take less than what I was asking for and he worked out the details exceeding even what I was asking for! I just thank G-d for His goodness towards me. He knew what I wanted and needed and He gave it to me.

I have settled for less than I wanted too many times and at 32, I just don’t feel like it anymore. Settling is an old habit that must die. Why should I settle? Am I not G-d’s daughter? Has he not promised me His best? Then what is all the compromise for? My time has become incredibly valuable to me now. Not that I fear dying early or whatever. No, I’ll hang around here for at least 80 years—I’m holding out for the 120 mark. I take the promise in the bible very seriously. And because I have sown into my mind, I believe that I will and therefore I know I will. I’m sure people who don’t understand that we experience that which we believe will disagree, but it won’t change my manifestation not one little bit. We have to be taught to be able to believe and since I have been taught that over and over, I don’t doubt it. I’m teaching my kids as well. I want them to know now that every promise is available to them now. The scripture says “train a child in the way that he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6. Some things need to be established early, this is one of them.

But back to settling, most of us settle when we no longer believe that what we want is actually available to us. Or we listen to negative people who tell us what we are asking for is too much. What we have to realize is that what may be too much for them, is just right for someone who is willing to ask, believe, wait and prepare for that which seems like a lot. The children of Israel would’ve settled in the wilderness if G-d had not given them someone to press them towards the promised land. We all need someone like that in our lives. I make it business to convey to people that what they are seeking is never too hard for G-d. What seems impossible only looks that way when we take G-d out of the equation. For the children of Israel, what should have been an 11 days journey turned into 40 years and in that time they were dragging their children through all of that. Psalm 95:10 says that they "erred in their heart and grieved" G-d. I believe His grief came from their lack of trust and belief in Him. Likewise I realize that every time I accepted less than His best that too grieved Him. Why? Because trusting Him is as at the core believing in Him. Faith is established belief that what G-d has said he will and can do. Now if it says then that it’s impossible to please Him without faith (Hebrews 11:6), then not believing Him displeases Him.

I read an article a while back about all these older black women who were still waiting on husbands and wondered why it hadn’t happened yet. I think if they looked closely they would see clearly why. Bad experiences cause us to fear and doubt. Not only that, I hear women say things like “all the goods ones are married”, “all our men are in jail or homosexual”. The word talks about our words being stout against G-d (Malachi 3:13). We release G-ds ability in our lives in our words our thoughts and even our actions. G-d always wants to give us what we are asking for. The scripture says that all the promise of G-d are always Yes and amen (or so be it) (2 Corinthians 1:20). It tends to take a while when we don’t make the connection between us and our words and thoughts.

The lessons that I have grasped from my cousins life are immeasurable. I felt so honored to have just known him. What I got out of his cousin’s life the most was that he believed that all things were possible with G-d. He believed that G-d wanted the best in every area for him. In short, I believe that he decided a long time ago the he wanted everything that G-d wanted for him. He wanted to be who G-d wanted him to be. He was a blessing to all that knew him and he was the kind of child that every parent hopes to have and the type of friend that most of us strive to be. In all of that he always gave G-d the glory for it all. (One day I’ll blog about what happened to him because there’s a lesson in it, but not yet).

I know this was a long post, but I just wanted to share some things today and there was no way for me to cut it down. In short And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.I just want to say, Expect G-d to always give you His best and He will.
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. Matthew 21:22
Be Blessed. Chosen.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think "Will" is a great title/theme for this wonderful post. Charles Hayes has a classic gospel song with two versions: one says "Jesus can work it out," the other says "Jeusus WILL work it out." Um, I prefer the latter, lol. And that's what your post says to me. I think most in-tune believers know the concept of how words and thoughts affect life. But oftentimes, it's actually seeing the results that creates the disconnect. At least, that's been my experience oftentimes. Your post is so powerful because it helps us believe not only CAN HE, but HE WILL. Wow, it's actually possible that I can have HIS best? Wow...

Great post...and Congratulations! Well-deserved!

T

8:51 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

"It’s impossible to please Him without faith (Hebrews 11:6)."

It not only displeases Him, but also in my past Bible study one shared how it could be interpreted that if we don't have faith we call Him a liar. At first, I was surprised at such a statement, but I remembered the scripture you mentioned above.

Without faith, we don't expect His best and therefore shortchange ourselves on a path of success in Jesus' eyes.

I must defend that though claiming our blessings are important to exercise faith we should never be of the mindset that supersedes what God's will, or circumstances allowed for our life are. We must keep things in perspective and balanced. The health and wealth teaching can be a fine line between demanding and humbly coming before the throne with a request.

Congratulations on holing out for His best in your life, and being close enough to hear His whisper to wait on a bigger and better blessing.

I'm curious. Is this promotion from the same employer? God is still in the miracle making business!

10:19 AM  
Blogger LadyLee said...

Good for you, Chosen! I hope this job is something that you truly enjoy. You deserve it!

This was a great post, something I needed to hear.

"...one of the elements of maturity is learning to constantly check yourself so that whatever is not working can be either fixed or eliminated altogether. Some times that can be a very hard things as honesty with self forces us to make decisions we are not always prepared to make."

That's it right there.

Self-assessment is so important, but I don't think the need for it kicks in good until around age 30. Why is that?

If I could have had such a skill in my early 20's- the power of self-assessment and follow-through? My goodness... the possibilites.

Again, good thought-provoking post. Gives me something to think about for my weekend.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Chosen said...

@ T... I like the word "will" as well. I think "can" casts a shadow over whether or not He actually will.

@Rosemarie...I agree, I think without faith we are essentially calling Him a Liar. I also think that there can be a fine line between understanding His will and "asking amiss". "Prosperity" teaching--which I would never call telling me what my rights are as a child of the Most High that, can seem to be "off" for some. I think that too comes with maturity. If you have intimacy with G-d you know HOW to ask and then know that is Him leading you in a specific direction. The problem in the church is that most believers can't discern the voice of G-d. We also have very little understanding of "Good and Perfect will". I could go on and on with this subject, but i'll save it for another day. Matter of fact, when I talk about how my cousin passed--it'll all be clearer. I'm not ready to write that post just yet...
And yes, the promotion came from the same employer. I have to keep telling it-I'm still in awe myself at His goodness!-I went from a clerical error at the front desk to the next person in charge of the center! It's awesome! And with each day, it's everything that I wanted it to be!

@ LadyLee... I don't know why we begin that whole process at 30. I think it's because we've experienced too many things by the time we get to 30, trying to do it "our way" that we've had enough! When we are in our 20's, it's other people, at 30--we realize it's US. So we begin that self-evaluation thig to keep ourself on the right road. I say all the time if I would've had this understanding earlier, the things I could've eliminated and accomplished...Sheesh. But, the lessons from then make the progress of now, so much sweeter don't you think. Without some of those hard knocks we might be inclined to "stray" now and then like we got it all figured out.For me minstry wasa birthed out of every mistake. Now I can halp someone else because I've been there and I haven't forgotten how G-d got me out.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Heart Drops said...

This post was/is a blessing. Thanks for sharing.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

We also have very little understanding of "Good and Perfect will".

I want to hear more about this! :)

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home