Saturday, May 13, 2006

On a personal note...My pet peeve.

I have yet to actually allow myself to be considerably personal on my blog. I can't really explain why when the whole point was for me to have this "hidden" diary to myself online. It was supposed to be both a place to write out what G-d shared with me everyday and to vent about everything else that is going on my life. I find that I am only doing half of that. So I find myself still extremely 'tight" because venting has a way of refreshing you.
If you haven't been clued in yet relationships are my pet peeve. They say experience is the best teacher. It is in fact the only teacher. Without the actual experience of some things we tend to doubt that things really are the way people have said. You'll be naive. Some things we can take your word for. Like, I don't need to catch A.i.d.s. to understand that it is real, ya know?!
You ever knew people who were on their way somewhere and they got hooked up with one another and it's been all down hill from there? You find yourself thinking "what happened"? When I think of that, the first couple I think of is Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston. I don't happen to think that it is anyone's fault in particular that they have the issues that they have had over the years. It was simply a bad connection. You can love one another and the combination of the two of you together is just not a good thing. The bible says "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." (Proverbs 27:17)
Relationships are designed to make you better and definitely not worse. If you are worst off now, then you were--it's a sign. I am not talking about jobless, trifling, cheating, lazy people. I am talking about two saints both with good sense and that are hard working. They still can't get to where they need to be in any area together. The word talks about missing signs (Psalms 74:9) Sometimes you have them but you tread on anyway. I myself am guilty.
When I hear a woman say she is not looking for herself I feel sorry for her. She feels like she has a true grip on understanding herself so she wants someone to complement her in other ways. Sheesh!...I am not judging her, I know that only experience will teach her any different.Only the crucible of high stress moments like illness, financial losses or something BIG really allows you see you. It's some stuff in there you are probably unaware of. But really, who else can handle you, but you? I think the problem is when we think of us, we think about us in the state that we are currently in. I am referring to a mature us. An "us" that has trained themselves in the things we need help in and vice versa. The premise the opposites attract is in my belief satanic. Why? How?
If you like to read, it will eventually get on your nerves that while you are trying to read someone is trying to talk to you. If you read a lot and the other person doesn't, how could they possibly keep up with you? The conversations will eventually be stale and pushed because your thinking has changed and theirs has not. I too formerly ascribed to the theory that opposites attract. But how is that when G-d said that he has called us to peace? (1 Corin 7:15) Peace there is the word shalom--nothing, missing lacking or broken. Things and people that G-d has not connected to us require more than compromise. They require major adjustments to the point that you question the whole point of the connection in the first place. Not only that but you begin to see pieces of yourself disappear. Not stuff that needs to go--the good stuff like joy and optimism. You wake up thinking "how in the hell did I get here?" And more importantly "how do I escape?"
The word talks about a king being a child...(Ecclesiastes 10:16) How can the person that supposed to be the king--your authority be the one who needs you to make all the decisions? They need you to tell them what to do when you are simply waiting for them to trust G-d and seek him for the necessary course to take? How long should you wait for that to occur? If women are ever really honest they are looking for the same thing that G-d is looking for someone who can plot the course and loves/seeks him with all their might(Jer 5:1). We are looking for provision, protection and preservation. We desire a man who can teach us, carry us emotionally, and lead us where we are supposed to be going--that's a priest. Someone who can pray sickness off of us and our children, hold us when we cry, build us up. Someone with our word in their belly when we wake up because he was already seeking G-d for whatever situation that we are in. A praying man, willing to fast until breakthrough. Someone who loves G-d as much as you do. Who understands that G-d is first and wouldn't ask you to compromise that nor be offended that you won't. And love... Is the icing on the cake. I hear people use love loosely. Saying it and backing it up with your actions is 2 completely different things.
Two saints together can be unequally yoked. One mature and the other immature is unequal yoke. They harbor unbelief to the point that you are hindered from progress. When that scripture talks about unequally yoked(2 Corin 6:14) the Greek word there is heterozugeō it refers to being incompatible. I know we traditionally think that means that means saved and unsaved only. But Boaz--a Jew or lover of Yahweh/G-d himself--married Ruth a Moabite. A woman from idolatry and a cursed people from the loins of Lot and birthed Obed the father of Jesse, the father of David. The man who is known to have the heart of G-d. So surely it means more than that.
You can afford a woman being immature--because her husbands responsibility is ultimately to teach her anyway. But the priest/king/head....That's a whole other story. And in 8 or even 10 years time... How much longer do you wait for it to come to pass? Mistakes happen. Compromises have to made occasionally. But 10 years time? You can stay together and work it out. But at what cost? When I hear people say that it can be done, I understand that for the most part they are saying that they have accepted less than they really want, need, and desire. They have just gotten to the point of acceptance that they will simply have to do without some stuff. Mainly due to unbelief. They neither believe that they deserve more or that G-d can give more. Or they make excuses about children needing their parents. Truthfully they do. But the signal we send then to our children is that they too will have to settle and that relationships are full of trials, turmoil, anxiety and insufficiency in one way or the other. Children can have great relationships with both parents in 2 separate houses. It simply takes mature people to execute that.
Surely someone disagrees. I am prepared for that. I know what father has said...Now I just have to not only be willing to move but also understand the timing of it. I really don't understand especially with current prophecy recently released but I do know that my ways are not his ways.
Pray for me.
Be Blessed.
Chosen.

5 Comments:

Blogger Serenity3-0 said...

Ok. As I am reading, I am considering myself in some of your statements. I am a reader and the man I dated for a long time was not. He loved movies. So we'd lay on the couch, me with my book and him watching his movie and while that seemed to work, it didn't. He would often want me to look at the movie and I'd often just want to get in the bed and finish my book. But in my mind, that's a small thing. When I think of unequally yoked, I do think of saved and unsaved. From what I gather or maybe I am assuming too much, there are two saints and one is further along in the walk than the other. Even if it's the head of the house who is lagging behind, I don't think that calls for a change in status. As long as you both believe in God and share the same practices, religion, etc. I believe God will work it out. I am sure that prayer changes things. And if you've been praying 10 yrs or even longer, we don't always get what we want in our time, but his appointed time. Question is or you willing to wait on the Lord to answer your prayers. My Aunt prayed for my salvation for years and I'm sure she probably got sick of looking at me wasting my life on alcohol and no good men, but eventually something touched my heart and I saw the light. Don't give up. And I am of the belief that everything I go through in life is so that my testimony is even greater. Do you believe the same?

1:10 AM  
Blogger Chosen said...

Thank you so much for your comments. I have actually had my answer for months now. And though I still don't understand everything that father is doing, it's in his timing that I will obey.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just an observation - why do you write God as G-d? It feels like you are astericking the letter 'o' between. Do you think it's a good idea or ...?

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon: Check 2-4 posts back for the explanation...I wondered the same thing, but another commenter asked the question.

Happy Maw's Day!!! 5, MY GOODNESS!

6:06 PM  
Blogger chele said...

I don't disagree but I know a whole congregation that does. How long is a spiritually mature wife supposed to wait for her husband to "catch up"?

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home