Thursday, May 11, 2006

T said...( or rather asked)
How do you know? Is it a gut feeling? Is it just if things are going right? How does one know if she and HE are on the same page?


Again, I have to state that I am no expert about G-d. I am constantly growing, learning and having to make the changes that allow me to better understand Father just like everybody else. Most of what I know is through trial and error. I think however what you are really asking me is how to not only develop a deeper relationship with G-d but to also understand when you are hearing his voice so you can know you are on the right track. I will do my best to explain as I understand it.
I know that the word of G-d says his sheep hear his voice, a stranger they will not follow (John 10). But it is a developed habit. Its not automatic and occasionally I still miss it. What I learned to do when I was really beginning to seek G-d is, I talked to him everywhere I went. While I cooked, before I went to bed, in the tub. I made it a habit to do this. I still do it. I have learned to talk to him in my mind all the time and often more than not I end up talking to him out loud. That was the first thing.
Hearing him..Well without being technical, our mind is our spirit and our spirit is of G-d. He seeks to guide us but we fail to ask. And even when we ask, we ask the wrong way. People say all the time, "G-d knows my heart"--he does but he also knows what you said. That's why it says out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (Matthew 12:34). What you ask is really what you are willing to hear him say, not what you want him to tell you. God is precise.
So if you ask him can I marry Joe"? You are subject to get a yes. What you should be asking is should I marry Joe? You can do anything because you have free-will--but should you do it, that's the question.
Now I hear people tell G-d all the time "Father, if it's not your will then it won't happen". Not true...Most of the time the mere fact that we say that is an indication that we already know that it's not his will . Things will only really not happen if you decide in your will to not allow something to take place. G-d doesn't act arbitrarily of our will. He wants us to choose.
Knowing whether you are on track or not-- its an unction. It's like you don't desire anything that he doesn't have for you regardless of what that is. It's hating what he hates and loving what he loves. It's preferring him above everything and everyone. It's making him a priority. Spending more time with him than doing what your flesh is really desiring to do. Like sleep. When I go to prayer in the morning, my body really prefers to sleep in. But I press on. Most days it's a struggle, but because it is a habit, it's easier to resist the urge to stay in bed. Not only that, I genuinely feel like he would miss me and I know I would miss him. He's here all the time, but that time in the morning is just ours. Prayer is more than talking to G-d, it's waiting around to hear what he has to say back to you. And he will talk back. He talks back from the word. His voice is the first voice you hear. It's not unsure. It's not negative or contrary to what the word says. It's not fearful or doubtful. It's sure. It's really hard for me to explain it in the written form.
What he says will be confirmed by signs and wonders. Not rockets in the sky but things that we usually miss. For instance, I had been seeking Father about a particular situation and I told him if this is you, my man of G-d will say something to that degree. Sure enough, he left the series he was preaching about and begin to go in detail about this particular thing. We also miss our signs because we want instant responses. It may take a couple of days. God confirms his word within 6 days of your request. It could be a bill board or a passage that's in the word that is finally illuminated to you or someone will say something that answers your question.
I am sure others can tell you how they know as well. It's subject to be similar, yet different for all of us. There is however nothing significant about my relationship with him. I often wonder why he even bothers to talk to me. That's what keeps me getting up. If you want it, it's there. But be ready to offend some folk. To get closer to G-d you will have to get by yourself, spend more time with him and be prepared to cut some folk off. Remember Abraham...G-d would not even speak again until Lot was separated from him (Genesis 13:14) It won't be that they won't be nice people, good people or even unsaved people--they will probably simply not going in the direction that you are going. Or they won't have the same intensity for him that you have. That's enough to G-d. So be prepared!
I really hope this answers your question.
Be blessed.
Chosen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Serenity3-0 said...

Well I can attest to having people cut out of my life. All of my "running buddies" are still around, but nowhere near how close we used to be. Also, I think the alone time with God is very important. My alone time is from 5-6 a.m. and when I first started it, it was HELL to wake up an hour earlier, but now I just jump up. However, I can't say that I stop to listen to him during that time. Interesting post as usual.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post. Thanks!

Now I gotta figure out the right WAY to ask the right questions...to get the right results. What can I say? I am a lesson-in-progress, lol. Thanks again...

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was great, very thorough... and very honest.

I especially liked what you had to say about Lot... That really resonated with me. I guess I wasn't the only one thinking that God was um... a bit quiet and vague with Abraham when Lot was around. I was just studying out Lot and Abraham, and I wrote some thoughts on Lot too... see my post...http://thesugargirlchronicles.blogsome.com/2006/04/03/the-familiar-plight-of-a-man-name-lot/"

Great post.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home