Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The other half...Some things about me!

I thought this would be a real ice breaker since I have begun to think that I'm really not that approachable--even on this blog. I'm not in the clouds 24 hours a day...Anyway I got this idea from reading list of Sway's list of "I haves".

Enjoy! This should give you a wider picture of the person behind the blog.

I have...


--grown up a military brat

--Lived overseas--Germany (Neu Ulm) 5 years...

--smoked cigarettes and weed

--dated a crip (only to be stalked by him later on)

--been homeless

--been in a total of no less than 13 car wrecks

--had my best friend cheat with my boyfriend(in my face)

--Befriended a girl to date her brother

--contemplated suicide-on many occasions

--stalked a cheating boyfriend

--stolen items from a store (especially books)

--planned to run away (adulthood and childhood)

--thought about robbing a bank (seriously, if I thought I could have done it without being killed and serving time, I would've done it!)

--had a crush on a man (yep, I was married at the time and saved!)

--peed in the bed as an adult (I was 9 months pregnant at the time, but still...)

--practiced white witch craft(**after G-d saved me--I thought those spells were gonna to work ya'll!)

--cussed someone out and then told them that they better be glad I was saved!

--battled depression (as a child and an adult)

--contemplated being a stripper (If I could've found a way to remain anonymous I would made that money!)

--burned a boy with a curling Iron ( he was getting on my nerves)

--been the victim of domestic violence

--had provocative pictures taken of me

--thought of doing a ton of the things I have read on other peoples blogs

--been abandoned as a child for extended periods of time

--dated someone else's boyfriend and husband

--cherished the idea of posing for playboy half of my life (I can see the byline.."The Naked Preacher"--G-d loves you!)

--thought I was losing my mind--too many occasions to count!

Now, for anyone who may have harbored the thought that they couldn't relate to me--think again. I happen to be a normal woman, with normal feelings, thoughts, ideas, complaints, etc...

I read the blogs of others and I understand the struggle. The only reason I have experienced less of a struggle is because I have been married my entire saved life. But I still understand the struggle. Women tend to understand women period. I would be a whole lot more free, if I was allowed to. Unfortunately, the few things I would love to blog about are off limits. Not in fear, but because G-d is keeping me silent right now. If I didn't have the bit in my mouth...Let's just say, "As.the world.turns" ain't got nuthin' on this story! I could disobey, but my obedience is so necessary to moving forward right now, and I need the stuff on my altar! When I read, I am never judgmental of anyone--I know who I am without the collar! I am being held to a stricter code simply because G-d asked and I accepted. But I am still ME.

I love Sway's poetic voice and Djdivas candid honesty! Serenity has the ability to put it all in perspective in one paragraph. I read Grayse and Ebony, Cymple and yes even Fresh! I love ya'll! I happen to know that a certain blogger was pouring out his heart on his blog and he has been m.i.a since march. I guess sharing the intiamcy of his skeletons was too much for his wife. I see that there is a down side. However, I still intend to be a little less...analytic? I don't know if that's the right word. Hell, just stay tuned. I have a lot more to say!

Be blessed.
Chosen.

14 Comments:

Blogger Serenity3-0 said...

Wow! I never would have guessed. I did contemplate the stripper deal and actually did it. Thank God for friends talking me out of it or else, I might be who knows where stuck to a pole.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Chosen said...

I guess I wasn't as bold as I thought.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

GURL!
I just found your blog-
don't know how but realize it was a divine appointment anyway...
There are sooo many things we have in common. I MEAN!!!
And you're a Gemini genius too- so I understand all the more.
When you said there are some things you can't blog about I feel you there too. I am bookmarking your blog for so many reasons and am glad you wrote this post!

2:44 AM  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

Good post...If you figure out a way to rob that bank let a sistuh know!! :-)

4:07 AM  
Blogger ContentviaDesign said...

Just foudn your blog. Very nice. Next time I, or hear some one else complain about life I'm gonna have to come back and read this.

10:59 AM  
Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

"been in a total of no less than 13 car wrecks" damn girl...what da hell....everybody got some crazy things happen in their lifetime...good post...

11:44 AM  
Blogger Chosen said...

I have to say that I was never the driver in any of these wrecks except one. I had a fender bender in march where this lovely young lady drove across the spaces of the target parking lot to hit me at the stop.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked this post...I think the "personal" touch is just what your blog needed. I'm glad I stopped by again!

Now I have a question (yes I came for the selfish reason of asking the preacher again, lol). What does one do about FRUSTRATION...cuz I am getting veeerrry frustrated with waaaaiiitting....... Gracias!

T

8:56 AM  
Blogger Chosen said...

What are you waiting on? Spouse, finances, what? Cause'I understand frustration! I have a list of about 100 I need G-d to do for me and I know I am tired of waiting.

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What are you waiting on? Spouse, finances,"

Yep and then some...I guess it can all be summed up as a "place to call home" or a place that feels like one. The fact that it still alludes me is what gets me majorly frustrated.

Basically, I could use a major miracle right about now, (like yesterday), so um what scripture or something can I read for that? Any suggestions? Thanks again for sharing your wisdom...

T

1:12 PM  
Blogger Chosen said...

If a scripture could do it, I would be operating in the miraculous today myself. What you need is the wisdom of G-d. I suggest meditating on James 1:5-6 and 1 John 2:20, 1 Corin 2:16. Personalize it and speak them often Before you know it, you'll know what to do.

4:44 PM  
Blogger DJ Diva said...

You make me want to do this too!..But thanks Chosen...I enjoy your writing and I respect you so much. You know Ima faithful reader...Heading down to memphis at the end of July...Hope to visit and fellowship witcha!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Lovely Lady said...

Girlie, I feel ya! Lord knows I'm trying, but I'm still human.

1:07 PM  
Blogger LadyLee said...

Humph. I guess we have all contemplated the bank robbery plan!
If we could "set it off" and get away with it? Wow! Thank goodness there are rules out here.

You are human, and can relate to us all. And that's a good thing!

Good post. Thanks for sharing.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home