Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Being Obedient to the Father…


If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: Isaiah 1:19

As a mother this is a subject that is daily communicated in my house. I work throughout the day completing various tasks and I really don’t like to have to repeat myself over and over. I never wanted to be hard on my children but sometimes I have to be to make my point. My daughter often says that I want them to be perfect. And that is a lie. How could I expect something that I know is impossible for them? I have learned that children and even adults, use that crutch as there own bit of witchcraft to get things to be as lenient as they desire. I want my children to be obedient because without discipline there is chaos. It’s a principle that they can’t see that has a greater benefit down the road.


Likewise, I seek to be as obedient to the Father as I possibly can be. I seek to please him. I also remember that when I was out there in the world, there were some things that I suffered as a result of lacking the ability to adhere to the small things. Like for instance, once I decided to date a CRIP when I was sixteen (umm, yeah ME) and even though this boy’s mother warned me that he was no good, I simply believed that she was too hard on him. He however, treated me like a queen. I thought they were mistaken, right? Well, when I decided to end the relationship because he wanted some things that I was unwilling to give, he acted as if he was okay with that. But I later would catch glimpses of him all the time in places I was--I thought it was a mere coincidence. Right up until he called me a told me all the things I did in one day. This boy was stalking me. He eventually stopped, but at the time my brave heart was scared as HELL!

That memory alone should have been enough for me to never not heed that inner voice--which I later realized, was G-d, as it related to relationships and anything. NOT! But only now am I really getting the principle loud and clear. I see myself in the scriptures constantly. The children if Israel suffered a great number of things due to their disobedience. They fought battles that they would have never encountered had they simply adhered to G-d’s warnings. Deuteronomy 28 describes a bounty of blessings that G-d has promised if we diligently “hearken” to the voice of the Lord. Likewise it also details another list of curses if we disobey.

I look at my life lately--like really closely in the last 2 years, and I wonder where I could be today, had I been obedient to Father years ago. I had incredible goals--I still do. Few of which are in my life because I made one decision that turned into 8 more and the 8 turned into hundreds of other things. I am off track and the only way to get back on is through obedience and allowing all the things that are not in harmony to be rooted up. That in itself is a painful process, but the scriptures say that even Jesus learned obedience through the things that he suffered (Hebrews 5:8). Since he is my example, I know that I can conquer this area which diligence.


When I fuss at my kids, I am trying to teach them there are going to be times when they will only get one chance to be obedient. Not heeding me can result in them having to go through a myriad of things that could have been otherwise avoided. In learning this as a mother I understand Father more clearly when he tells me to do something. There is a greater purpose to what he is asking me to do. He sees what will happen down the road when things are not so “hunky dory.” He sees the pain and the heartache of having to take the long way around what could’ve been a short route. He sees me getting off track and trying to have to find my back. He saw it all. I approach listening to him in the small things and the greater ones a little different then I was first saved and leaned on his “grace” as a crutch for half-heartedly serving him. Eventually there were some things that he’s allowed me “bump my head” on because I continued o do things my way and not his. His grace simply kept it from being as bad as it could have been. But I find that it is sad that I have had to let some things get to the wire before I could surrender whole-heartedly.


I find great solace in that had I not disobeyed, I would never have known how great his mercy and grace really is. I also know from all of those experiences that the price of obedience is small in comparison to the greater expense of disobedience. Though I have a long way to go, as I am a true work in progress, I know the distance is shorter now than it was before and that I am far more willing to go the right way.
My kids will surely make a great deal of mistakes. There will be times when they will test obedience as well. I understand all of that. But for me, I am working on getting all lessons right the first time.

Be Blessed.
Chosen.
Feel free to check out my other blog Rivers as it has gone under a revamp for us Ladies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home