Saturday, June 17, 2006

The power of FOCUS…

In the last few days I have been on a big emotional rollercoaster. It’s not something that I planned or even condone for myself. I believe that it is important to keep your emotions in check for the simple fact that you can not make clear G-d given choices that way. Our emotions have a way of deceiving us into believing a situation is far further gone than it really is. That eliminates us from having G-d’s view on the situation. And since he has the truth, you can’t see what he sees.


I was so raw on Thursday that I went to service trying to hold back everything I was feeling. I sat that there, still as if not to move so that I could keep myself together. I was just thinking that the message would be one that I could take home and study and that since I was not going to need it now, I’d surely need it later. I was set--good information I thought. And then he started in on me. He didn’t address me personally, but it was me. I can’t tell you how much I love my Spiritual Father. I know that I am blessed to sit under a Prophetic anointing. When I went to my last church, I learned some things, but I rarely got any questions that I had from my personal study answered or an answer to what I was going through that day. But since day one, I knew he was my Spiritual Father. When he answers any of us--he always says, “I don’t know why I said that, but it was for somebody”? It just tickles me.


Back to focus…the thing that I understand from Father is that it is always important to never allow yourself to focus on what you are in. Although I know that, It tends to be a little difficult when your circumstances are speaking louder day by day. (and some days, mine are screaming) You have to at all times maintain your vision--without one we perish (proverbs 29: 18). The enemy is not sending thoughts at us left and right to inconvenience us, he’s trying to kill the vision that’s in us so that we fail to obtain the things that G-d says we can have.


Our vision needs to be written down so that we can keep it before our eyes for the purpose of meditation. When it gets tight and tough, we have to read that vision over and over so that we can keep on focus tuned in to what G-d has said to us. I have the most extravagant things written down. I don’t think that I can even ask for too much or dream to big. I am his beloved. The apple of his eye. His favorite. His chosen. What could I possibly ask him for that he doesn’t want me to have? Nothing.


In the book of Esther, the king tell her that she can have up to half of his kingdom (Esther 5:3).
That’s a G-d given response for his favored. The reason she was his favorite was simply because she desired above all to please him. He taught me something months ago that got away from me last week. He told me to focus on him--who he is, his character, his integrity, what his word says. When you perfect that, nothing can be restrained from you. It’s the epitome of worship. I haven’t mastered it yet, obviously. I do however try to keep a conversation going with him my mind all day. Last week, I was talking, but I felt like he was ignoring me.


The point is that our mind can most often be connected to your circumstances. That and G-d placing you on hold until you learn to make him the focus. Deliverance is always about maturity. There is always a lesson that he is trying to teach. Nothing is ever wasted with him. I love that about him. I was reminded that I am only in it to learn something and because on the other end is there is a promotion. Deliverance is on the schedule, I simply have to focus on the lesson and him until the set time comes.

The enemy’s plot is for us to give up in the midst of waiting. I can’t afford to. As I say all the time, my kids need to see it work. It’s not enough to hear the testimonies of others. They need to see it work in their own household. So, no matter what I want to obtain the victory so that always know that they were there to witness it for themselves. It’s building their faith and trust in Father as well. I want always be able to carry them on my faith. Eventually they will have stand on their own.


So, like Job, I am simply going to wait until my change comes ( Job 14:14).

Be Blessed.
Chosen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home