Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Charting the course….

Now it came to pass on a certain day, that he went into a ship with his disciples: and he said unto them, Let us go over unto the other side of the lake. And they launched forth.
Luke 8:22

Every time I prepare to write a post I begin to wire with no holds barred and then I end up having to go back and remove things simply because it is no the time for me to share certain things (sorry). It has nothing to do with some deep spiritual revelation or anything. It’s the personal stuff that is transpiring behind the scenes as I write every day that would probably be too much for most people to even believe. Some of you are really gonna be shocked when I begin to peel the layers back--umm.. probably not here-but somewhere…

With that said, I have 23 days until my lease ends and I still don’t know where I am supposed to move yet. With G-d I know that is the proverbial “hide and seek” type of thing. I am operating the faith that I know how. I am packing boxes, and cleaning out mess. Waiting for G-d to reveal the secret to me.

He knows where I am supposed to be, I just have to spend time looking at homes and going through the motions while spending extensive time with him until he revels it to me. I don’t have a problem with that since this time around I want to make sure that I go exactly where he wants me to be. I know that I just can’t live anywhere and expect to be blessed. G-d truly is a G-d of places. He was specific about where he placed his people. Even in the beginning Adam wasn’t just anywhere, he was in the garden that G-d planted east-ward.

I’m trying to get to my own personal garden because Adam had everything he wanted, needed and desired in that garden. And since I have his testimony to remind me to be obedient while there, I’ll keep that word before my eyes! Of course therein is the key to getting there is that Adam allowed G-d to make everything that he knew would be good for him. Adam did not have his hand in the pot. So I have decided to keep my hand out of it as much as possible. I just want his perfect will in all things. I don’t have time to redo nothing at thin juncture.

Now, I have to tell you that whenever you chart the course for perfect will all hell breaks loose in your life. When you find yourself in a place where you know nothing that’s there is a part of the original plan, then you begin to do the shift and things immediately go in a million different directions. If anyone would have told me that at some point that when you begin to really walk with G-d, I would come under these kind of attacks, I would have called them a lie to their face.
When I freshly saved, I just wanted to serve G-d. And because he works so many things out for you then, you just go at it. Initially for me though I was under severe attack even then. It’s one of the main reasons why I did turn back for a minute. But now 8 years later, it’s supposed to be easier right? Well, I’m still waiting for that. But I have charted the course. I’m confessing my scriptures, looking at my pictures for meditation, reading my word, listening to tapes.


And I have surrendered. Whatever that does not line up with the course will have to go. It’s hard to do, because things never get smoother when you get here. It’s seemingly get’s worse. So I am in a very difficult place. I feel pressed and anxious and emotional. Whenever I get to a place that’s difficult, I write and I buy books. I’ll find a book somewhere and buy it. With all the packing that I have to do, Saturday I went to a sale at the library and bought a huge brown paper sack of books for $3. I bought mostly books for the kids and some for me that I have no idea when I’ll have to read. But they will be there when I get to them. And a bible. (I have this thing with buying old bibles in any translation--another post).


Anyway, I was reminded that Jesus was on the ship with the disciples and though other ships were on the water, on theirs was affected by the storm. And in Matthew 8 says that disciples were following him into the ship. I know G-d wooed me to this point, but as I say all the time knowing something and then dealing with the reality of it doesn’t make it any easier. I know I’m in some stuff that other people aren’t experiencing. I know that we suffer things that are common (1 Corin 10:13) But maybe not all things at the same time. I also remembered that though Jesus was on the ship with them, the disciples were still in a panic. I understand that G-d is working behind the scenes, he’s with me and I know that BUT…

So, today--I am standing on his word. Waiting for the storm to pass over.
“Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus”. Philippians 3:12-14

Be Blessed.
Chosen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home