Monday, June 12, 2006

Let the Battle be won in your silence…
From "Confessions of a Beautiful Woman" by Michele Rene Matthews

“…a time to keep silence, and a time to speak”. Ecclesiastes 3:7b



I have to tell you that I love to talk as much as I love to listen. And especially to women. I think there is a uniqueness to the view of a woman that keeps me constantly desiring to know the story behind the woman. I see women while driving in my car and I literally find myself wondering what things brought her to the point she is in and what advice or things she has learned as a result of those experiences. I used to think I was nosy, but now I understand that in my desire to help other women I find myself simply drawn to women this way. I find that completely unlike me because growing up all of my best friends were always guys. (Too many bad experiences with women. The wrong women) But that’s a whole other post. Women are natural story tellers. Our wisdom is infinite in the retelling of the past events of our lives and even the current things we are experiencing.
I have had a great friend for many years now, and I realized this week that the friendship has come to an end. Not because we dislike each other but simply because G-d has revealed some things and I have to heed him instead of my flesh. So, I find myself at a point in my life where I really don’t have anyone to talk to. I believe that’s a good thing. There are things that I am encountering now that I need to keep between me and G-d. I realize I don’t need the distraction of fighting off other people’s opinions because when it gets down to it, G-d’s opinion is the only one that counts anyway.
Day by day I have been in some form of a battle in my life. It seems as if it has been one continuous season. I understand the point of the enemy is to wear me out (Daniel 7:25). Recently I learned that some things that I had been waiting on would’ve happened if I had simply been silent when G-d revealed them to me. Telling everything to people also reveals it to the enemy. He’s not all knowing or seeing. He can’t work against you sometimes as long as you keep your mouth shut. G-d gives us a glimpse of our prophecy to strengthen us in the battle. What we do is run and tell it instead of being silent.
The are 2 things that G-d has been teaching me lately about my words.
#1 I have to watch everything that I say. I have in the past lacked discretion. I figured if it is my friend and my best one at that, I could tell them anything. Not so. First of all, I needed to keep some stuff between me and G-d. Only he can handle my truth. And my prophecy. You see oftentimes G-d will show us things and we are so excited that we then go and share those things with the people that we think we can trust. But Micah 7:5 says Trust ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide: keep the doors of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom. **side note When the text refers to the disciple that Jesus loved being in his bosom, (John 13:23) it was not talking about him laying on his chest. That is a Jewish idiom that refers to one he trusted and revealed things to. That’s also why we see later on that same disciple being the author of the final book of the bible.-end of side note** There is a reason that G-d warns in Micah to keep our mouth. I have found that sometimes those closest to us don't realize all that G-d has for us.
When we share things, they are often not ready nor able to handle our prophecy. We are just excited, and they can be doubtful and even jealous. All of that released into the atmosphere works against our manifestation. Part of that too, is that G-d will not reveal certain things to us because we can’t keep them to ourselves. If you study the text on dreams in the bible symbolic dreams are given to those who repeated them. Visions and literal dreams were given to those that were trusted to share them at an appointed time. We don’t know who to really trust. Only G-d really knows who is really in our corner. Not everyone that is there now, will be there when we go to the next level. Nor will G-d allow us to go to that level without stripping us of those people.
#2 is that I have had to learn about speaking is that even if a thing is true it is not required that I say it. The Jewish rabbis teach a lesson from the Talmud called Leshon Hara or “bad Tongue”. It refers to any statement that is true but that lowers the status of the person about whom it is said. I have learned that it is not what is said necessarily, but the intent in which it is spoken. God warns of the same thing in Ephesians 4 :29-- Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Often times I have been guilty of saying things in anger and frustration. It wasn’t that it wasn’t true, but it was still wrong. If I had mentioned it in a different context, it would’ve been fine. But I knew my intent when I said it. I have had to repent. I don’t mean simply say repent. I mean literally repent. Often we say that without ever changing which is the whole point of repentance. G-d asks for repentance so that we acknowledge that we need change in that area. I have found that this is part of my daily cross.
The other day I ordered Chele’s book--"Confessions of a Beautiful Woman" . It is a beautifully written, poetic book. (***Big shout out to Chele--your book has blessed me!***) It has made a profound impact on me. Her piece on Silence spoke volumes to me. There was G-d all over one statement that I have latched onto. Let the battle be won in your silence…
That was G-d speaking to me personally. He reminded me of when the Jesus was accused after he was arrested he answered them not. He held his power in the silence that he gave them. People have said things that aren’t true. They think things that are not true. I don’t need to argue or try to prove my innocence. The battle is not mine but G-d’s. I know from him that the reason why our enemies are never handled by him is that we interfere by spouting things back about them. It’s as if we are saying he himself is not capable of handling our enemies for us. I understand now why David never took it upon himself to avenge himself of Saul. He understood that if he truly belonged to G-d, so did Saul. Therefore though it was hard he and even scary at times, he had to leave him in G-d’s hand for him to handle. I likewise must do that with every situation. “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” 1Peter 5:7
I must trust in his care of me. In that I must let my words be few.
Be Blessed. Chosen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home